Monday, March 12, 2007

My analysis begins....

Today I will begin going through all the teams, the rosters, the player-movement and last year's stats as well as career paths, so I can make my 2007 predictions.

For the past 3 years, and this one will be no different, this takes a lot of work and research, due to my lifestyle over this time of living on a ship and not following life outside the AL East as much as I'd like too. So whoever had breakout years in the NL West, I may be a bit behind with and the research I will be starting today will catch me up.

There are a few things that I'm sure of going in;

1) I will predict the Yankees to win the AL East and the World Series.

2) I will find a way to rationalize the Giants winning more games than the Athletics.

3) I will predict Johan Santana to win the AL Cy Young Award.

4) One of my big "philosophies" going into my picks will be that players going from the NL to the AL will do worse, and players going from the AL to the NL will improve.

Some things I'm not sure of going into my analysis:

1) What to think about Roger Clemens, and how to factor him into predictions.

2) Who I will predict to win the National League Pennant.

3) What to think of Matsuzaka and Igawa, especially considering the hitting prowess of the AL East.

4) Who will win the other 5 divisions.

The process will begin today. I don't know when I'll have it done (and if I will do it in parts or one fell swoop), but I do know it will be done no later than April 1st.

No comments: