Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Organizational Trees

Inspired by a link I found in a Dave Studeman column at the Hardball Times, showing an organizational tree for the Minnesota Twins, I decided to put one together for the Red Sox. An organizational tree is just a breakdown of where each player in a Major League organization came from. Some of the others I've seen since then (Yankees, Padres, Pirates) are laid out differently and use different cut-off points for the organization (25-man roster, 25-man plus disabled list, etc.), but the gist of them is the same. It's an interesting way at looking at a team: where they came from and how they got there.

Anyway, I decided to put one together for the Mets while I was at it, and then I had some free time so I did the rest of the AL East, and then I went crazy and did the whole NL East, too. Warren was able to find a place to post it, so luckily all of my busywork wasn't totally wasted.

So here are the full trees for the AL East and NL East. I should note that as of this posting, the Phillies and Mets haven't cut anyone to make room for Jose Hernandez and Shawn Green, so their 25-man rosters have 26 guys on them. Also, try to follow the Marlins at your own risk... it's not for the faint of heart.

Anyway, enjoy!

EDIT: fixed broken link... it would be nice if I actually sent you to the right page, I guess. I also added a link in the sidebar so we don't have to go searching for this post later.

No comments: