Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Rain delays suck...

... but sometimes rainouts don't. The Red Sox-Yankees rainout last night stunk for about three hours, but it gave us two glorious results:

1. Beckett vs. Halladay tonight (after another rain delay...). I can't even put into words how much better this is than Clement vs. Halladay.

2. A five-game series between the Red Sox and Yankees in late August. I predict that I'll do roughly 25 minutes worth of real work between Friday August 18th and Monday August 21st (they just had to have the doubleheader on Friday, didn't they?).

3 comments:

Greg said...

Updating the Beckett-Halladay match-up, the Sox have the bases loaded with nobody out in the bottom of the second, trailing 3-1. So much for that, although the weather probably has something to do with it.

But Manny just gave me a near-heart attack - he had the most awkward slide into third base I've seen since Coco Crisp broke his knuckle a month ago in Baltimore. It looks like he's okay, though...

Ross said...

I thought that it was odd that the Fossum-Wright matchup became more of a pitcher's duel than the Halladay-Beckett one.

Greg said...

I noticed the same thing. Through 2 innings, the Sox and Jays had scored 6 runs combined. Through 4 innings, the Yanks and Rays were scoreless.