Thursday, May 04, 2006

Know anybody who needs Yankees-Red Sox tickets???

I get an email from the Yankees today titled "See Baseball's Greatest Rivalry: Yankees vs. Red Sox in the Bronx"

I've gotten other emails like that from the Yankees in the past, and it is that there are single tickets available for the game. However, I never go anywhere alone. The email also mentions tickets available for the games against the A's and Rangers as well. I figure they are really just trying to sucker you into getting those tickets. But I figured I better check anyway.

I have a 20-game plan. With this play you get tickets to 1 Mets game and 1 Red Sox game each series they play in New York, so three games total. It turns out, that until today, they had only sold Red Sox tickets as part of plans of at least that many games. That email was them releasing the rest of the tickets, now that it's less than a week away from that series. They also released the tickets to the series in June as well. Not September though, as they probably feel they can still package those games to sell other tickets (or it's possible those were all sold in weekend game packages).

I therefore now have tickets to ALL SEVEN of the games of the first two series at Yankee Stadium and to one of the September games. 8 out of 10 is not too shabby. None of the first 7 are on weekends unfortunately (good for the Yankees though). If you know anybody in New York who needs Yankees-Red Sox tickets, now is the time to tell them, as they are available right now, and most people don't realize it yet.

No comments: