Sunday, March 02, 2008

Drafting Yankees

I'm not sure what either of your situations right now are with Fantasy Baseball. However, as we approach that time of year, I'll be giving my suggestions as always. The two Yankees that stick out for me right now are Jason Giambi and Bobby Abreu.

Giambi would only be taken to trade off in May. Remember, when Giambi is healthy, he's still about as dangerous as any hitter in baseball. He's just rarely healthy. Also, it seems he's going to be playing a lot of first base this season, which he historically hits much better doing. This means two things, a huge start and a quick injury.

Last year he was hitting .330 on May 5th before getting hurt and slumping miserably. He looks really good right now. I see a big April from him, and then trade him.

Abreu is in the final year of his contract, which is always interesting. He looks like a completely different player than last spring. It's not surprising the Yankees were on him about that after coming into spring training out of shape last year, and having a horrible start. If you're not sure about Abreu's dedication right now, he has already stolen 2 bases this spring.

I'll keep you updated on my thoughts.

No comments: