Thursday, October 11, 2007

The ALCS

I'm trying to think rationally about this, but I just can't. Beckett vs. Sabathia is a push. Schilling vs. Carmona is a slight advantage to Cleveland. Matsuzaka vs. Westbrook could go either way, but is probably a push. Wakefield vs. Byrd could go either way, depending on Wakfield's health, so I'd call that a push, too. Cleveland has the better set-up guys, but Boston has the better closer.

Cleveland's offense might be deeper than Boston's, but the Red Sox have the better 3-4-5 heart of the order. I think Boston's defense is better, but I don't know a whole lot about Cleveland's D or platoon situations.

Just because I'm usually wrong and because I'm still surprisingly superstitious, I'm picking Cleveland in seven, if only because I'm not sure I trust Matsuzaka in a Game Seven at home. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if either team swept, but I think they're even enough where it should go six or seven games.

No comments: