Sunday, October 01, 2006

Clemens/Pettitte respond

According to mlb.com.

Pettitte comes right out and says "I've never used any drugs to enhance my performance on a baseball field before." Time will tell if he comes out looking like Raffy Palmiero.

Clemens, on the other hand, has been taking lessons at the Barry Bonds school of denial:

Grimsley never worked out with myself or Andy at any point. I don't know where that's coming from. When it's going to take a serious turn for me is when one of my sponsors pull out, then somebody's going to be responsible for that. Then my lawyers will take over from there.
So, he never worked out with you... but did you do steroids? Feel free to answer the accusation, Rog. And I'm glad that, as always, this is all about money for Clemens. As soon as this affects his wallet, he'll sue you, damnit.

No comments: