Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Carl Pavano Update

Pavano pitched 5 innings in an extended spring training game on Tuesday. He went 5 innings, throwing 58 pitches, hit 92 on the radar guns, and allowed 2 hits. His catcher was 1995 #2 overall draft pick Ben Davis. Pavano will start Sunday in the Florida State League with a 75-pitch limit. I would assume that if that went well, he would have one more start at either AA or AAA before rejoining the Yankees.

If you have a spot on your fantasy bench he's a good risk. He might be horrible and produce nothing, but you won't find anybody else at this point with as high of an upside.

1 comment:

Warren said...

I guess I can hear your voice in my head, because I picked him up yesterday (and stashed him on my DL) before you wrote this.

Yes, yours is the evil voice inside my head.